The Apple Volume Purchase Program allows Speakap to publish our white label application for your organization. After configuration, employees are able to download the application for free using unique redemption codes in the Apple App Store.
This article will guide you through the process of creating and configuring a Managed Apple ID account that will allow you to generate redemption codes (VPP codes).
In order to create an Apple Business Manager account, you need the following information:
- An email address that is not yet associated with an Apple ID;
Please note: it is not possible to create a Managed Apple ID account with an email address linked to an existing Apple ID!
Please note: Each country has its own Apple App Store. Redemption codes (VPP codes) generated for the Dutch App Store cannot be used by users of the Belgian App Store, for example.
If you would like to make your organization's white label application available in multiple territories, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Your organization's basic details (like VAT number and address);
- Your organization's D-U-N-S number.
More information on how to request your organization's D-U-N-S number is provided in Section 1: Requesting a D-U-N-S Number.
Please note: When registering a Brazil VPP account, a valid CPF or CNPJ must be added to your payment information.
D-U-N-S is a globally recognized system developed by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). The D-U-N-S system allocates a unique identifier to companies.
Please request a D-U-N-S number on the following D&B link:
GER, AT, CH: https://www.upik.de/dunsanfordern.html
How to request a D-U-N-S number
Enter the following information on https://europe.dnb.com/find-my-duns/:
- your first and last name;
- your email address;
- as reason for requesting your D-U-N-S Apple VPP account;
- the country your organization is located in.
Click Next > to go to the D-U-N-S number search and registration screen.
Please note: we use Speakap's D-U-N-S number and corporate information in this article.
Search for your organization using (at minimum) the organization name and click on the right record.
You will be taken to the confirmation screen. If you haven't landed on this screen yet, click Apply for a D-U-N-S® Number.
Click Confirm > to request the D-U-N-S number. You will receive the D-U-N-S number in an email on the email address you provided in the first screen:
- Complete all the fields in the 'Enroll Your Organization' screen:
- Organization Name
- D-U-N-S Number (explained under section 1 of this article)
- Phone number (for sms confirmation)
- Time Zone & Language
- Your contact details
- Verification contact details: this person will be contacted by Apple to verify that you are indeed authorized to create an Apple Business Manager Account
- Click Continue
- Check your email for a message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Your enrollment is in review". This process may take up to 5 days.
- During the review process, your verification contact is contacted by phone and asked to confirm information about you and your organization before your enrollment is approved. Make sure that any filters allow mail from all apple.com domains. Return any missed phone calls quickly so the enrollment process can proceed smoothly.
After Apple speaks with your verification contact and confirms your information, that contact receives a mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Thank you for verifying your organization.” The contact can then complete the following task.
Open the mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Thank you for verifying your organization.”
Review the message and do one of the following:
Click the Confirm [name of person] button to let that person be an administrator of Apple Business Manager.
This is the name of the person who initially enrolled in Apple Business Manager.
If you don’t want this person to be an administrator, click the choose someone else link, enter another person’s information, then click Submit.
Your verification contact must also check the box indicating that you approve this person to accept responsibility for signing the Apple Business Manager terms and conditions on behalf of your organization.
After this task is complete, the person who was selected to be the administrator receives a mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Enrollment Complete.”
- Click on Get Started in the email you received regarding the approval of your enrolment
- Subsequently, click on Create a Managed Apple ID
- Enter all required fields and complete the form
- Verify your account with the code you receive on your email
- Verify your account with the code you received on your phone
- After completing the registration of your Managed Apple ID account, navigate to https://business.apple.com/ and login with your Managed Apple ID account
- Click on Apps and books in the left column:
- Select that you are required to pay taxes
- Fill in your VAT number and click continue
- Apple will verify your VAT number, a process that can take up to 5 days
- As soon as Apple has completed validation of your VAT number, your screen should look like this:
- Click on Settings and subsequently Device Purchases and send screenshots of the following page to Speakap:
- Your name
- Organization ID & Your Organization name (Your Organization's name as stated in the screen in your account - see screenshot)
- After we receive the screenshot of the Organization Name and Organization ID, we can submit your Whitelabel App.
When the tab Custom Apps tab is not visible yet, you will need to enable it first.
- Login to your Managed Business account;
- Click on Settings
- Click on Enrolment Information
- In the section Custom Apps - click on Enable.
At this moment you will be able to see the Custom apps tab below section Content
- Click on the tab: Custom Apps below section Content
- Select Redemption Codes
- Fill in the desired amount of redemption codes in the box below Quantity. We recommend to start with 5000 codes;
- Click Get
- Click OK. Note: though it states you are confirming a 'purchase' there are no costs involved.
After completing this step you should receive an email to the email address that is linked to your Managed Apple ID that confirms this 'purchase'. Please note that it might take a few hours before you receive the email.
- Click on Custom Apps
- Select Your App
- Click on Download; an automatic excel (.xls) download will start.
- Send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Your organization name
- Name of your Speakap network
- Your name
- The .xls file you downloaded in the previous step
- After we receive the redemption codes we can enable your app for distribution
- Name of your network / organization;
- The Organization ID as explained under step 7 of section 2.3 (Setting up your Managed Apple ID)
- The redemption codes downloaded under step 6 of Section 2.5 (Retrieve Redemption Codes (VPP codes))
- Section 1: Request D-U-N-S number;
- Section 2.1: Providing (basic) information to start with registration process
- Section 2.2: Verification of your contact details by Apple
- Section 2.3: Setting up a Managed Apple ID account
- Section 2.4: Track down Organzation ID to share with Speakap
- Section 2.5: 'Purchase' Redemption codes (VPP codes)
- Section 2.6: Retrieve Redemption Codes (VPP codes) and send to Speakap